What We Do
- Design, plan & construct high quality, maintenance friendly and affordable self-build houses and tourism facilities in Bohol.
- Assist expatriates, overseas workers and Bohol residents to renovate and remodel existing homes.
- We are a builder who focuses on a very strong ethic of customer service, transparency, excellent project management and leveraging our considerable experience in building in a tropical setting to ensure the build comes in on time and budget.
- Design self-build homes that fit the tropical setting of Bohol through excellent design, functionality and sustainability considerations.
- Provide reliable, well trained and skilled Bohol craftsmen and finishing specialists to do high-quality work in all building disciplines (plumbing, roofing, electrics, painting, masonry, tiling, kitchens, bathrooms, windows, decking, and landscaping).
- Provide the client with exceptional project management that shall minimize hassle, risk, costs and stress associated with building / renovating a house.
- Provide a full suite of available tools and equipment (grinders, jackhammer, cement mixers, scaffolding, and vehicles) to ensure we get the job done.
- Advise client on green technologies that may fit your location (solar power, solar water, rainwater collection, integration of landscaping, vegetable gardens (aquaponics) amongst others.
In a Nutshell
We assist clients to build and renovate unique, secure and comfortable houses in Bohol that client and builder are proud of. We make the customer the Chief Executive Office in charge of their “Self-Build”. We provide planning, support, and guidance at every step of the build.
The Green Designs team’s focus is to help clients navigate the day to day needs of a self-build house. You plan, we execute to the standards we both expect.
Any self-build is risky, in Bohol add to that language and cultural barriers, and it is sometimes a recipe for a disaster (See our Tab above “Self Builds”). We compare building a house to a voyage, something that must be well planned and led by the best possible crew to ensure a safe arrival at the destination. We work with two or three clients only at any time to ensure our standards and quality maintain.
We believe that home building should be a stressless, hassle-free and enjoyable experience. That means planning and designing very comprehensively while we work to ensure your aspirations and creative design embeds in the build without ignoring the implications on your budget.
A Graphic Describing What Can Happen to Unsupported Self-Builds in Bohol
How We Charge
Our first step is to work with you to lay out the projected costs of the build (see planning process tab). Once we have a solid full budget (labor and materials) we will then agree on a fixed “cost plus” fee that varies on the scope of work and length of the build. This is a small percentage of the total labor costs that covers our taxes and running costs.
Once we have agreed on our cost plus agreement we then charge you transparently the actual costs (you will have access to the official receipts and actual salaries and costs of the company). We will just add the small percentage to our regular weekly and monthly billings. It is also important to note that we have agreements with local suppliers, hardware stores and sub-contractors in Bohol. Local suppliers provide Green Designs access to reduced prices for the materials. When you contract Green Designs we pass all of those discounts to your build (saving you money and offsetting a large portion of our fees).
MEET THE TEAM
Lead ForemanOur lead foreman an excellent workman, who can do any trade, from masonry to electrics and plumbing and fine carpentry. With his technical background in all of the trades that he has gained over the last 15 years, he has more recently turned his attention to being a lead foreman managing building activities. He has worked on hundreds of different jobs across the region. He plans and executes the day-to-day operations on site – ranging from safety and health of the workers, team management, to ensuring supplies of materials are available and troubleshooting blueprints and designs. He works with the team to lead the overall direction of the build and spends most of his time onsite. His English skills are also one of his best assets, and has even recently perfected the Queen’s English!
Expert carpenter & plumberAn expert carpenter, plumber and tile setter who has over 15 years experience in his trade. His attention to detail and ability to get the job done properly and to an exceedingly high standard is impressive.
PainterSkilled in masonry, carpentry, Ricardo’s excellence is painting – whether it be wood, finishes, or just finishing a wall or bathroom – Ricardo will get the job done at the standard expected with over 15 years of experience under his belt.
Electrician EngineerOur favorite electrician subcontractor, electrical engineer, planner – if Mheneng cannot solve an electrical problem then nobody can!